What's in season?
Our crops are grown on a seasonal basis here at Feedback Farms with quite a few staple veggies we can grow throughout the year!
Currently we are growing:
- Spring onion
- Turnip - Purple and white savory root veggie.
- Rhubarb - Long red and green stalks, commonly cooked with sugar as the raw stalks have a bitter taste.
- Society Garlic - Strap-like grey-green leaves, can be used in a similar way to chives.
- Egyptian walking onions- Similar to spring onion in appearance with shorter and larger bulbs and more blue-green coloured leaves. Has a much stronger onion flavour similar to shallots.
- Sorrel - Long narrow light green leaf and stem, strong lemony flavour.
- Okinawa spinach - Dark green "spiky" leaves with a deep purple underside, have a seaweed-like flavour.
- Salad mix (variety of leafy greens and edible flowers), the purple flowers have a garlic flavour.
- Capsicum or Zucchini
- Chillis - Small red thai variety and large green cayenne variety.
- Oregano - Mild, tasty herb, can be used fresh or dried, good in italian, mexican and salads.
- Flower Bunches
Various other herbs such as sage, rosemary, basil, thyme, parsley, dill and coriander
Any veggies we currently don't grow such as brown/red onions and potatoes, as well as additional fruit, is supplemented by local organic growers!